Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Spy Games

You are invited to play this week's I Spy Cats and Dogs game, which will be set up throughout Dragonwings Bookstore beginning on Saturday, June 28. The I Spy games are free, open-house-style events, which can be played anytime during Dragonwings open hours. Summer: 10 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday and 10 AM to 4 PM Saturday.




To begin the game players pick up game cards, which list the dioramas, displays, and other settings in the store where cats and dogs are hidden and waiting to be discovered by clever I Spy contestants. At each location a riddle is posted, which lists each item that the players are trying to spy in the scene. Each riddle also inc
ludes one letter for a secret word. Once the riddles are completed and the secret word is discovered, players turn in the game cards and receive a small prize.

For I Spy Cats and Dogs the Dragonwings staff will use life-sized puppets, photos, and toys of all sizes in dioramas and displays. This is the third in a series of I Spy summer games, which are becoming more elaborate and more popular each week. Nearly 50 people played the I Spy Strawberry Hunt game on Saturday during Strawberry Fest.






Brenden Dowling (left) and his cousins Erin and Collin Dowling were visiting their grandmother in Waupaca last weekend for Strawberry Fest. Dragonwings is one of their favorite stops when they come to to
wn, and they were enthusiastic about playing the I Spy game. Here they are searching for a strawberry and other objects in our clear-topped I Spy Table.




No comments:

Post a Comment