Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Kisha's Reviews

Dear Ellen,
I just finished reading The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. I really loved it. the story itself was so completely different (from Alice in Wonderland), but there were quite a few connections mostly with the characters names and such, but I thought it was very inventive and creative. There was like a connection to Alice in Wonderland in practically every page! The story was kind of sad, but very fun and it really made me want to turn the page. I love books like that! Well, I think anyone who likes fantasy/adventure/kind of suspense books would love it. Even more those who have read, or at least seen, Alice in Wonderland, and can see all of the really great connections!!
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor (Penguin/Dial) $8.99
reviewed by Kisha

Dear Ellen,
My Sister's Keeper is one of the few real life like books I've read, but I liked it. It was very thought provoking, and the way that every chapter is in a different main character's point of view really helped the story. Having everyone's point of view made it even more thought provoking because you knew exactly how everyone felt. Also in the mom's chapters (except the one or two at the very end) there were flashbacks so you also knew all of the history there. also, I'm not so sure I liked the ending - it really threw you - but there wasn't totally a perfect happy answer so I guess it worked out OK, even though it made me mad at first, because I had decided what my "happy" ending would be, but it didn't really work out that way, *shrug-lopsided grin* but whatever, it was still very good.
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
reviewed by Kisha

Dear Ellen,
Then I had to reread The Looking Glass Wars (see review above) to remember exactly what happened, I had forgotten how good that book was!
So then I read Seeing Redd (the sequel by Frank Beddor). I thought it was a very good sequel and I definitely wanted to keep reading it! The new dimensions in the relationships and the new characters, or new way they acted...whatever, are great. They really help the book along and I thought it was full of fun or not so fun surprises and twists. I'm so glad I could read it!!! I love it!
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor $18.99
reviewed by Kisha

Dear Ellen,
Have you read Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper? I just got it and read it; I thought it was great - the plot was rich and excitng, while the characters were fun, curious, and interesting...though it might also be a little because I love (I mean LOVE!!) pirates and vampires...and now vampirates, too, I guess! By the by, I love Tamora Pierce, too.
Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper
reviewed by Kisha

No comments:

Post a Comment